Saturday 6 June 2009

Entry 8

Brighton gig was interesting. Weirdly enough, I always wanted to put a gig on in a movie theatre, a bit like rocky horror or something, so this was cool. I really like movie theatres, there's an element of the fantastic, so this was cool in that respect, and it is a lovely place. Johnny started to come down with something and he said his voice wasn't all there. I hate when that happens. I've been making every effort to stay healthy just to avoid that, apart from a passable amount of boozing. The other novel element to this equation is kenny's sobriety. It's been a good influence, and made the slightly tight arrangment of darting off to the travelodge right after every show a possibility.

Next day Windsor, at the firestation. Posh little town, obviously, I suppose, with the castle and all. Rather pretty, and the firestation was originally a--you guessed it--firestation. Also attached in the same complex was originally the old magistrate's court, which was very elegantly rebuilt into a very nice theatre/venue. We played in the basement. Fun gig. I had the jokes that night. Somehow.

Then onto Cardiff at the globe. The interior was a bit like the set of temple of doom. There's weird moulded plaster that looks a bit like elephant tusk that runs around the room and up the stairs to the balcony, and you half expect lit torches on the wall. Disappointingly, no, just pedestrian lamp fixtures. Why stop at the tusk, I ask. Damn the fire codes. After gig we went to a fella named Pete's house, along with Paul, Mr. Buoywonder himself, whom I had only read about on the fence records website forum (most of you will of course know it as the beefboard, but my folks are reading this so I've got to be thorough...). Cider and bread and cheese in vast quantites (not so much the cider, mom, dad...).

Now in Reading, and it's raining constantly, putting an end to the long stretch of beautiful weather we've had---all over Britain. I'm going to lie down in my keyboard case now. G'night. x J

No comments:

Post a Comment